Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What Im reading

Finished Manfredi's Alexander last week. Only read the first book so far but found it suffers the same as the rest of his books (in my opinion). The character depth is far too blunt and I find I never really have any feeling of attachmentto them. The only one of his books that pulled me in was Spartan. Needless to say, I will be reading the two follow on books when I get round to them but unlike many trilogies I have read, I feel no urgency to read them.
Have just started reading Joe Abercrombies Best Served Cold. I loved his First Law Trilogy and the Bloody Nine is one of my favourite all time book characters. So far, the intro to this book is fantastic. Pulled me in straight away with his dark and gritty twisted humour, typical style of his writing and the violent descriptions are exceptional. Its still early days yet but I get the feeling this book will not dissapoint.
I have also ordered Brent Weeks new book called The Black Prism which I am very excited about as I thoroughly enjoyed his Night Angel Trilogy. Should be a good month for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment