Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ambassadors Mission

Just completed reading Trudi Canavans latest. Considering its the sequel trilogy to my favourite ever fantasy series, The Black Magician Trilogy you can imagine how eager I was to get started.
Well, I needed to finish Blake Charltons excellent debut novel Spellwright, which by the way does not dissapoint. Excellent excellent read, great characters, cool story and the most unique magical system since Harry Potter. Anyway, finished that then had to finish Simon Scarrows rather brilliant Eagle in the Sand. Is there anybody harder than Centurion Macro? I dont think so. Well, finally got to read it, and I have to say, although not as good as the original, its still an excellent read. Most of our favourite characters are back, some more than others but they are all in there, just a bit older. I found it a little too slow and some of the characters Trudi has concentrated on are not my favourites. I always had a soft spot for good old Rothen but hes hardly in it. Without giving much of the plot away, Sonea now has a son who is all grown up. the book is based 20 years after the finale of the first series. He goes to Sachaka and you can guess the rest. If you love Trudis work, then like me you will love this. If you dont know her work, then you do not know what you are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment