Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Finally

Finally got around to building my new rig.
What triggered it all off was down to the fact that I won the cpu I wanted in a Shogun 2 competition. Doesnt get much better than that.
So, on top of my newly won Sandy Bridge Intel 2500k 3.3 Ghz cpu I got
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64
Xigmatek UTGARD gaming case,
8GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II/OC
750W PSU, Corsair Enthusiast
MSI P67A-GD65 (B3), Intel P67,

The machine runs like a rocket. The mobo isnt the greatest as it could have done with a few more SATA and front USB slots but for the price and features its a good'n.
As for the case, besides the uber cool name and the massive top fan it came with, its not the best. Very fiddly to get your HDD's in and its deceptively cramped inside. Looks huge but its not. Strange.
So with my super GPU, masses of ram and mega fast CPU, the first game I installed was Crysis 2 and yes, it looked shit hot. Job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment